Outer Northern Trade Training Centre (ONTTC)
Address: 407 High Street, Lalor
Telephone: 9464 7779
TEC Australia Outer Northern Trade Training Centre
The Outer Northern Trade Training Centre is a $6.4 million state-of-the-art facility providing secondary students with hands-on training in various industries and qualifications. ONTTC was funded by the Federal Government in partnership with schools including Peter Lalor Vocational College, Thomastown Secondary College, Lalor Secondary College, Mill Park Secondary College, Lalor North Secondary College, Epping Secondary College, William Ruthven Secondary College and The Lakes South Morang P-9 School.
VET in Schools
VET in Schools (VETiS) refers to Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses undertaken as part of secondary school studies.
VET Programs assist students to make the transition to further education, training and employment. Many programs are based on entry level TAFE courses. These programs are designed so that students can develop general work related competencies and the skills and knowledge required in a particular industry.
- A nationally recognised vocational certificate;
- Counts towards the VCAL;
- Develop general work related competencies e.g. skills in communication, team work, using information and communication technology, problem solving, using mathematical ideas and concepts, planning and organising activities, gathering and analysing information and occupational health and safety;
- Develop the skills and knowledge required to work in a particular industry; and
- Give students a competitive edge in looking for both casual and full time employment.
For further information:
VET Courses at ONTTC
VET courses offered at ONTTC include:
- Certificate II in Automotive
- Certificate II in Building and Construction (Carpentry)
- Certificate II in Electro-technology
- Certificate II in Plumbing
Technical Education for Communities (TEC)
The Outer Northern Trade Training Centre is proud to be partnering with Cummins Diesel, Komatsu, PACCAR (Kenworth) and other stakeholders to deliver the TEC program.
Technical Education for Communities is helping students around the world secure good jobs through school-based, industry-supported vocational skills training in the Automotive Diesel Industry.
TEC fulfils that goal by:
- Collaborating with schools and teachers on a proven, research-backed educational framework
- Building partnerships that will commit resources to students and job opportunities to graduates
In collaboration we are developing market-relevant curriculum, facilitating teacher training, career guidance and the practical experience needed by students.
TEC educates students through classroom instruction and hands-on workplace experiences.
For further information about courses offered at ONTTC and other VETiS courses offered through the Northern Melbourne VET Cluster please refer to the 2018 VET Handbook.
All VETiS programs incur a materials charge for consumable items (such as timber and text books). This charge must be paid before a student will be accepted into a program.
Your VET Coordinator and Careers and Transitions Coordinator can provide further information and advice regarding VET courses and future pathways.